Cooking your Servus Venison Haggis
Your Servus Venison Haggis is already cooked. All that is required before serving is to warm it thoroughly until it is piping hot.
There are several methods listed below that we recommend for cooking your Haggis, depending on what equipment you have available and how you want to present your Haggis.
Please note that the performance of appliances can vary, and any times given are guidelines only. Ensure that your Haggis is piping hot before serving.
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil.
2. Leave the haggis in its plastic bag and place it in the pan. Turn the heat down immediately. The water should only simmer, never boil. The length of time it should be gently poached depends on the size of your haggis. As a guide, a 1kg haggis takes around 75 mins.
1. Remove outer plastic bag and wrap in aluminium foil.
2. Place in a casserole dish with a little water and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (Gas Mark 6) for around an hour, depending on the size of your haggis.
1. Remove outer bag and skin.
2. Cut into evenly-sized slices and heat on medium for around eight minutes.
3. Halfway through cooking, mash with a fork to ensure an even temperature throughout.
Ingredients: Deer pluck (lung, heart and liver) more than 50%, Oatmeal, Onion, Suet, Spices, Salt.
Allergy advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients highlighted in bold.